The 15-credit certificate program in Big Data Analytics is designed to address the needs of professionals with a Bachelor of Science or a Master of Science degree in Information Science or a related field in order to expand their professional skills and qualifications in effectively handling large amounts of disparate data.
Big data involves three major dimensions: data size, data rate, and data diversity. Students completing the certificate will gain essential, in-depth knowledge of techniques and technologies relevant for big data management.
The courses offered allow students to tailor the certificate program of study to their individual interests.
Post-bachelor’s students must complete three of the following courses with a grade of C or better; Post-master’s students must complete three of the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- INFSCI 2160 Data Mining
- INFSCI 2591 Algorithm Design
- INFSCI 2711 Advanced Topics in Database Management
- INFSCI 2725 Data Analytics
Post-bachelor’s students must complete two of the following courses with a grade of C or better; Post-master’s students must complete two of the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- INFSCI 2130 Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems
- INFSCI 2140 Information Storage and Retrieval
- INFSCI 2410 Introduction to Neural Networks
- INFSCI 2430 Social Computing
- INFSCI 2801 Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
- INFSCI 2802 Mobile GIS and Location-Based Services
- INFSCI 2809 Spatial Data Analytics
- TELCOM 2125 Network Science and Analysis: Networks, Crowds, and Interconnected Worlds
- LIS 2690 Information Visualization